Choose category to start browsing products and services
Will transport planning software replace the dispatcher in the coming time? This question may have come in many peoples’ minds. Many logistics managers and transport companies are in a dilemma. The answer to all these queries is no. Routing and scheduling automation system use many algorithms and variables to calculate miles covered by a vehicle. But the companies cannot map all the data with its help. You cannot use transport software in case of emergencies and to make spontaneous decisions. A dispatcher assists in such cases with his knowledge and intelligence.Read More
Five Reasons Why a Dispatcher Helps a Transport Business:
1. Dispatchers know all about their clients: Dispatchers have additional knowledge that is not provided by any software system. They often keep in touch with potential customers and buyers. Sometimes the customers want to change their delivery slots and timings, which is not possible with softwares. The dispatcher can make the changes in the shipment time manually. This helps a company to retain its business and improve sales.
2. He knows the fleet and drivers: A dispatcher knows all about the vehicles and cleverly strategizes the company vehicles’ goods. This saves a lot of money on fuels, trips, and vehicle maintenance. A dispatcher has more knowledge about the drivers and the workers than any software. He knows all about their preferences and qualifications. He knows if a driver has faced any problem during his trip. The workers and the delivers can approach him with their questions and find solutions to their problems. This keeps them motivated and does not cause a shortage of drivers.
3. Dispatchers can assess unusual scenarios: The transportation process is becoming more difficult day by day. Sometimes, the number of orders increases, and many times the volume of the goods decrease. The companies want to expand their business, but they have to do so in a legal manner. The fleet businesses have to follow many rules and regulations while doing business. The dispatcher uses trucking company software to plan the right routes. This gives him time to deal with any situation or emergency. For example, if something happens to the driver in mid-delivery, he has to be replaced, and the company has to allot a new driver in his place.
“There is no situation like the open road, and seeing things completely afresh.”-James Salter
4. The knowledge of a dispatcher goes beyond transport planning: Transport management softwares saves the companies’ time and efforts. A dispatcher utilizes it to advise customers, coordinate deliveries, and keep track of the drivers. He can inform the customers in case of late deliveries and find solutions to the drivers’ problems. It also leaves time to solve tactical and strategic issues. This reduces a company’s stress and adds value to its business.
5. Dispatchers keep you updated about the transportation system: Software like axon payment system helps provide inputs and data. The dispatcher checks this data and makes necessary changes. He adjusts the method, parameter, and settings. These facilities simplify the work of a dispatcher and help him to make the right business decisions.
What are the benefits of using a dispatcher?
1. He keeps the drivers active: Good dispatchers can multitask. They delegate hauls to the drivers and ensure they make deliveries on time. They also focus on keeping drivers on course and manage their hauls. This saves a company’s money and ensures that the drivers remain active. It improves customer service and creates new business opportunities for the fleet companies.
2. Dispatcher helps you take care of your customers: A good dispatcher is also a good communicator. He speaks calmly with drivers and motivates them to do their work efficiently. The dispatchers also reply to emails from the customers and solve their problems. This helps a company to build a solid customer base. They are experts at handling hostile customers. Sometimes, you can solve the problems of the customers by just being compressible listeners.
3. A dispatcher helps to do business with government regulations: A good transportation knows all the government’s rules and regulations. Many companies have no idea of the problems faced by the drivers on the roads. All this work falls on the dispatchers as they are the ones who understand all the guidelines. The dispatcher helped the freight companies to stay at the top of their maintenance. He assists the company to reschedule and replace the drivers. The transportation accounting software reduces the risk of road accidents and minimizes the chances of fines.
4. It ensures workers’ happiness: The dispatchers know the drivers are the transportation process’s lifelines. It can upset the drivers when you ask them to work overtime or deal with adverse working conditions. Many transport companies are suffering from a shortage of drivers. It is essential to keep them happy, and in good spirits so they do their work effectively.
Video Credit – Alfa X Logistics
The position of the dispatcher is one of the most overlooked phenomena in the transportation industry. A good dispatcher spends countless hours communicating with drivers, customers, and suppliers. He is the last person to leave the office even after drivers. Dispatchers are responsible for all sorts of communication. This makes your business thrive and helps you to overtake your computers.
Today’s supply chains are a lOT complicated and extended worldwide. They are always vulnerable to market disruption. Disruption is inevitable, it can happen due to various reasons but your supply chain needs to be ready to face it all the time. Natural calamity, market shock, economic crisis and the latest global pandemic are few of the reasons that can cause a global supply chain disruption. Your business can withstand the disruption with a flexible supply chain network and excellent risk management. Trucking business software helps to gather accurate and reliable information about your truck.Read More
How to Manage Disruption ?
The best way to deal with the prospective supply chain disruption or risk management is to be able to deploy countermeasures to the potential risks and develop a program that can guide you through the tough times. End-to-end visibility is the key to develop a robust supply chain. If your business wants to survive through the supply chain risks then you better have a robust supply chain where you can track the goods right from the point of raw material to all the way to the customers. You can also pinpoint the potential obstacles that can disrupt your supply chain in the tough times. Advanced technology can play a vital role by creating a flexible supply chain and handling the potential risks effectively.
To manage the supply chain effectively, it is very important to figure what potential risks the shipments may come across when in transit. Therefore, you need to look at the risk from the eyes of the cargo in transit. This simply means that you need to assess the risk at every level.
Manage Supply Chain Risk Through the Eyes of the Cargo in Transit
You need to think from the cargo’s perspective which potential risk or danger can come across while in transit and then try to take precautionary measures to avoid that situation from happening.
First you need to check how valuable or precious the cargo is. If the cargo is important and a lot of people want it or dream to have it, then there is a risk of potential theft or hijacking of the cargo. Now once you have established the high value of your freight then you have to pay huge attention to the security of the cargo with the help of secure containers. These security risks multiply if your cargo needs to cross multiple countries.
Second thing you need to check is the type of freight, whether it can be broken easily or not. You need to check what kind of packaging you must do to ensure the safety and integrity of the freight. When the goods in your supply chain are transported via sea route, they travel a huge distance and you need to ensure the quality and security of your freight by secure containers that can withstand the external shock or force and keep your shipment safe. There are various other external factors like weather conditions, climatic variation and wind etc that can easily impact your freight. Keeping this in mind, you have to plan and pack your shipment in such a way that the quality of the consignment stays uncompromised.
Video Credit – MYMOVE
This is a very important factor to consider from your cargo’s perspective. You need to pinpoint all the factors that can potentially delay your shipment from the first point to the final destination. Everybody expects their goods to reach them in a timely fashion. To run an effective supply chain, you need to take advanced steps to avoid any unnecessary delay due to anything possible.
From a freight point of view, all the players involved in the supply chain must be financially sound. If there are any hiccups at any point in the supply chain that can be the reason for a potential disruption. All the rules and regulations also need to be properly followed to ensure the smooth movement of goods at each level.
For a successful and sustained supply chain, companies need to ensure that all the health, safety, environmental and the legal parameters are followed according to the international standards. While keeping all this in mind, the most important player throughout the supply chain is your employees and you must ensure their well being is also.
How Can You Lower the Risk in Supply Chain Management?
To contain the risk in the global supply chain you need to take a step by step approach to figure out and pinpoint the risks and respond to them accordingly. With freight management solutions you can do this by focusing on the three major areas of interest.
Actionable approach is very necessary to deal with the supply chain risk and effectively counter them.
©2021 All Rights Reserved By Accessibility Experts