Choose category to start browsing products and services
In today’s dynamic business environment, it is a must to use the latest technology to face competition with ease. It helps the business to survive in the long run and earn requisite amounts of profitability. Transportation is the backbone of any industry. 3PLs becomes essential to use the latest logistics management tools and programs to perform the transportation business efficiently. It is very important to keep your logistics business organized. Not doing the same leads to wastage of time and money. It has a huge impact on the profitability of the business. Chances of manual errors are also reduced. The logistics management system increases the efficiency of the business and improves the cash flow of the business.Read More
How Do Logistics Management Tools and Programs Work?
The information regarding all the carriers is available on a real-time basis with the help of this program. It helps in comparing the rates of various carriers and then selecting the best option available. It helps the organizations in receiving the order and book and ship the order in an efficient manner. This saves costs.
Are There Different Types of Logistics Management Tools and Programs?
Yes, various types of tools and programs are available to manage transportation. They are created as per the size of the business and the functions they perform. Both the cloud-based and on-premise based options are available and can be chosen by the businesses according to their needs and wants.
Who Uses Logistics Management Tools and Programs?
As the name says transportation management software is used by logistics businesses to move large quantities of goods from one place to another. The Third-Party Logistics providers (3PLs) also use this program to manage the working of their client logistics businesses.
What Are the Functions of Logistics Management Tools and Programs?
The main function of logistics management tools is to streamline the entire process of transportation. It helps in making a proper shipment plan after undertaking the comparison between all the shippers available and choosing the best. It also helps in knowing about the delays in shipments.
These tools also help in undertaking communication between two or more businesses. They help in managing the contracts between these businesses. They help in knowing the working of the entire business and accordingly know if it is operating as per the standards or not. Proper steps can be taken to remove inefficiency in this case.
What Are the Benefits of Logistics Management Tools and Programs?
Logistics management tools are used for record-keeping. Manually managing your books of accounts is a tedious task. It also increases the chances of fraud and errors. Logistics management programs help in automatically maintaining the books of accounts. It maintains the records in a cloud-based format. It makes the information visible to the parties anytime and anywhere. This helps in knowing the current position of the organization and track for any inefficiencies. Thus, important steps can be taken accordingly. It also helps in knowing the money that is to be spent on fuel and repairs. Logistics management programs help in determining the need for repairs as and when they arise.
“Without logistics the world stops.” -Dave Waters
The logistics management program helps in filing IFTA with ease. This, if done manually, is difficult to compile. Since IFTA has to be filed four times a year, it is important to keep the accounts handy to avoid any inconvenience or late filing. Businesses sometimes tend to forget the time when they are required to file IFTA. Here, the logistics program comes to the rescue. It helps in automatically filing the IFTA and sending the reports to the organization. This reduces the chances of penalties and audits. It helps in maintaining the goodwill of the organization. As the logistics program calculates the mileage of the vehicle using GPS you can know the exact amount of fuel used and pay the fuel tax accurately.
If you use the logistics tools or programs, you need not manually maintain the invoice books. This helps in saving time as invoicing can be done without any delays. It helps in tracking the workforce and knowing if the drivers are working efficiently or not. They know that a check is being constantly kept on them. They avoid taking unnecessary paths. This ensures the timely delivery of the products and services.
It increases customer satisfaction. Transportation application also helps in answering the queries of the customers on a real-time basis. They can know the status of their order. This makes them trust the organization. This transportation management solution also helps in knowing risky paths. The drivers avoid the same or drive more carefully on such paths. Accidents can also be easily tracked and help can be provided if the need arises. This increases the satisfaction of drivers.
Video Credit – Lumi
Trucking programs help in logistics management. You just need to choose the best program out of the various software available in the market. This choice has to be made as per your budget. You should also contact the previous and already existing clients’ to know the efficiency of the program. Reviews available on the websites can also be checked. All of this helps you with the proper functioning of your logistics business and increases your satisfaction and the satisfaction of the parties concerned.
One of the major headaches for the fleet managers is how to reduce the fuel expenses of the fleet. Most of the fleet consists of various new and old trucks. While new trucks are coming with latest technological specifications to enhance the fuel mileage, the main cause of concern is to manage the fleet of older trucks. Fuel expenses of old trucks can put a significant burden on the fleet companies.Read More
As we all agree that trucking is the lifeline of every country’s economic growth and one cannot allow the fuel expenses to derail it. You can utilize many smaller steps to improve the fuel efficiency of the older trucks. Every single dollar saved on fuel purchases is a dollar earned. Therefore, let’s discuss the 7 ways to make an old truck more fuel efficient.
1. Maintain required tire pressure
The best way to enhance the fuel efficiency of your older truck is by maintaining the correct air pressure in your tires. First of all, you need to buy the correct tire for your truck and to keep them in healthy condition you have to keep the tire pressure as per the truck manufacturer suggestions.
This will not only improve your truck’s fuel efficiency but also increase the lifespan of your truck while also improving the safety of your vehicle. Under and over inflated tires can present the risk of accident and also enhance your truck’s fuel consumption. Therefore, maintaining the right tire pressure is very essential for safe and cost effective driving.
2. Driving within the speed limit
To boost your ifta fuel tax rates for older trucks, it is very important to follow the driving speed guidelines. By maintaining smooth and steady speed you can increase your fuel mileage considerably.
Rapid acceleration and sudden braking can decrease the fuel economy and speeding can burn fuel very quickly. It will all start with your driver, if he is watchful of the speedometer and maintain consistent speed, you will get better mileage from your old trucks. Some trucks come with the cruise control and you can use that to maintain a steady speed of your vehicle. To check fuel mileage, fuel tax software is better option than older methods.
“Seeing a catering truck feels like home.”-Dakota Johnson
3. Reduce idling time considerably
For old trucks the biggest fuel consumption occurs during idling your vehicle. Now, it is the fleet managers job to figure out ways to encourage your drivers to cut down on the idling time. The best way is to provide your driver the best route for the destination in such a way that reduces the requirement for idling while waiting for completing a delivery.
By cutting down on idling time, you can save a good fortune worth of fuel and also reduce the risk of regular wear and tear.
4. Always maintain the right load weight
Each and every truck comes with a maximum load capacity. You cannot cross that limit as it is mandatory to comply with load capacity. Going over actual load capacity can be detrimental to the fuel economy while also increasing the chances of vehicle’s breakdown.
It is especially very important for the old trucks to strictly follow the load capacity as they are the one that is going to eat more fuel. Therefore, for better vehicle maintenance you have to adhere to the load capacity guidelines. This will help your old trucks to run longer with better mileage.
Video Credit – Factor Finders
5. Avoid cheap fuel
To get better mileage from your old trucks, you must always buy the good fuel. A lot of time fleet managers and the drivers go for the cheaper fuel to save a little fortune. Cheap fuel receipts only cost a few cents cheaper as compared with the good one but can affect your vehicle in the long run. It can affect the engine and other parts of the truck.
To ensure your vehicle runs smoother with better mileage, you must ensure that your truck is always filled with good fuel. Good fuel helps your older trucks to generate better mileage on top of keeping your engine healthy and powerful.
6. By regular and preventive maintenance
This is the most basic way to improve your old truck’s mileage by keeping it in excellent driving shape. To do so you have to maintain a proper maintenance schedule. You need to ensure that your drivers are inspecting the vehicles on time and taking them to service stations for the regular maintenance.
Properly maintained trucks will always offer you better mileage as compared with the ill maintained trucks. The best way to keep your truck healthy is preventive maintenance with fuel tax software. Proper inspection leads to any small problem your truck has at the beginning and you can effectively sort out that problem to avoid any future breakdowns.
7. Shadow parking and shutting your engine off when not in use
During summer time it is important to try to park your old trucks in shade as overheating can cause fuel evaporation. You will spend more fuel on air conditioning if you keep your vehicle parked in the heat while in shade your vehicle will remain much cooler, therefore requiring less energy to cool your truck.
Another way to improve your old truck’s fuel economy by shutting your engine off when you are at the traffic lights or traffic jam. This way you will be able to save a good amount of fuel.
These are 7 basic tips you can utilize to make your old truck more fuel efficient.
Will transport planning software replace the dispatcher in the coming time? This question may have come in many peoples’ minds. Many logistics managers and transport companies are in a dilemma. The answer to all these queries is no. Routing and scheduling automation system use many algorithms and variables to calculate miles covered by a vehicle. But the companies cannot map all the data with its help. You cannot use transport software in case of emergencies and to make spontaneous decisions. A dispatcher assists in such cases with his knowledge and intelligence.Read More
Five Reasons Why a Dispatcher Helps a Transport Business:
1. Dispatchers know all about their clients: Dispatchers have additional knowledge that is not provided by any software system. They often keep in touch with potential customers and buyers. Sometimes the customers want to change their delivery slots and timings, which is not possible with softwares. The dispatcher can make the changes in the shipment time manually. This helps a company to retain its business and improve sales.
2. He knows the fleet and drivers: A dispatcher knows all about the vehicles and cleverly strategizes the company vehicles’ goods. This saves a lot of money on fuels, trips, and vehicle maintenance. A dispatcher has more knowledge about the drivers and the workers than any software. He knows all about their preferences and qualifications. He knows if a driver has faced any problem during his trip. The workers and the delivers can approach him with their questions and find solutions to their problems. This keeps them motivated and does not cause a shortage of drivers.
3. Dispatchers can assess unusual scenarios: The transportation process is becoming more difficult day by day. Sometimes, the number of orders increases, and many times the volume of the goods decrease. The companies want to expand their business, but they have to do so in a legal manner. The fleet businesses have to follow many rules and regulations while doing business. The dispatcher uses trucking company software to plan the right routes. This gives him time to deal with any situation or emergency. For example, if something happens to the driver in mid-delivery, he has to be replaced, and the company has to allot a new driver in his place.
“There is no situation like the open road, and seeing things completely afresh.”-James Salter
4. The knowledge of a dispatcher goes beyond transport planning: Transport management softwares saves the companies’ time and efforts. A dispatcher utilizes it to advise customers, coordinate deliveries, and keep track of the drivers. He can inform the customers in case of late deliveries and find solutions to the drivers’ problems. It also leaves time to solve tactical and strategic issues. This reduces a company’s stress and adds value to its business.
5. Dispatchers keep you updated about the transportation system: Software like axon payment system helps provide inputs and data. The dispatcher checks this data and makes necessary changes. He adjusts the method, parameter, and settings. These facilities simplify the work of a dispatcher and help him to make the right business decisions.
What are the benefits of using a dispatcher?
1. He keeps the drivers active: Good dispatchers can multitask. They delegate hauls to the drivers and ensure they make deliveries on time. They also focus on keeping drivers on course and manage their hauls. This saves a company’s money and ensures that the drivers remain active. It improves customer service and creates new business opportunities for the fleet companies.
2. Dispatcher helps you take care of your customers: A good dispatcher is also a good communicator. He speaks calmly with drivers and motivates them to do their work efficiently. The dispatchers also reply to emails from the customers and solve their problems. This helps a company to build a solid customer base. They are experts at handling hostile customers. Sometimes, you can solve the problems of the customers by just being compressible listeners.
3. A dispatcher helps to do business with government regulations: A good transportation knows all the government’s rules and regulations. Many companies have no idea of the problems faced by the drivers on the roads. All this work falls on the dispatchers as they are the ones who understand all the guidelines. The dispatcher helped the freight companies to stay at the top of their maintenance. He assists the company to reschedule and replace the drivers. The transportation accounting software reduces the risk of road accidents and minimizes the chances of fines.
4. It ensures workers’ happiness: The dispatchers know the drivers are the transportation process’s lifelines. It can upset the drivers when you ask them to work overtime or deal with adverse working conditions. Many transport companies are suffering from a shortage of drivers. It is essential to keep them happy, and in good spirits so they do their work effectively.
Video Credit – Alfa X Logistics
The position of the dispatcher is one of the most overlooked phenomena in the transportation industry. A good dispatcher spends countless hours communicating with drivers, customers, and suppliers. He is the last person to leave the office even after drivers. Dispatchers are responsible for all sorts of communication. This makes your business thrive and helps you to overtake your computers.
©2021 All Rights Reserved By Accessibility Experts